Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Trek Fest

Okay, so I have much going on these days (as you can well imagine!) about Star Trek- converting my friends, learning new phrases in Klingon and Vulcan, seeing the movie again...and again...and just generally being a Trekkie.

So, first of all, THE MOVIE.

I thought it was amazing. I was going in with SUCH a high standard, particularly for Zachary Quinto. It was either met or exceeded by everyone. The story was good, the acting was fantastic (everyone nailed the characters!) a suprise apperance by Nimoy was awesome, and the special effects (in IMAX!!) were off the charts. The only issue I have with the movie is the Spock/Uhura thing....only because he's mine, and she better back off my man or we're gonna have problems. Otherwise, I'm really glad to learn that the cast is on for two more movies...yay!!!

Second is my latest assignment for art- she gave us free reign for a subject (and oh boy is she regretting it!) but here's mine:

and the original picture:

I'm working on another one of Kirk, and I'll post it when I'm finished.
(Original Picture)
(On his way!)

I've also found these shirts, and I REALLY WANT THEM.








2 comments:

Tara said...

Impressive replications of the Star Trek characters. I love the shirts - especially the "It's just a phase" and "WWQD"

Kira J Bard said...

well thank you!

and yes I love them too XD