Saturday, December 27, 2008

Culture of the Week

I found these on my friend's facebook, and absolutely love them. All credits and props to Rio, they're hilarious. A few of my favorites:

There once was a man named Bertold
Who drank beer when the weather grew cold
As he reached for his cup...
"NEEEEVER GONNA GIVE YOU UP!!!"
Oh, snap! You just got limerickrolled!

There once was a girl named Lenore
And a bird and a bust and a door
And a guy with depression
And a whole lot of questions
And the bird always says "Nevermore."

There was a young woman named Bright
Whose speed was much faster than light.
She set out one day
In a relative way,
And returned on the previous night.

There is a young poet named Herman.
He's not very good, but he's learnin',
Though he often offends
Because he so often ends
Alle sein Limericks auf Deutsch.

There was a zookeep from Nantucket
Who was struck by a fish -- couldn't duck it
He was thrown from the cage
By a pinniped's rage.
Quoth the walrus, "You can't has mah bukkit!"

Among all these poems, a few
of the best recite old jokes anew.
But there's one I don't see,
And the reason must be:
In Russia, the limerick writes you.

A friend of mine -- Charlie by name
Is a strategist with deadly aim.
He wants you to know
(So I'll say 'ere I go)
That you, friend, have just Lost The Game.

A certified poet from Slough
Whose methods of rhyming were rough
Retorted, "I see
That the letters agree,
And if that's not sufficient, I'm through."

There once was a girl named Jude,
Who's skirt by the wind was strewed.
A man came along,
And unless I'm quite wrong,
You expected this last line to be lewd.

No comments: