Friday, December 5, 2008

Famous Last Words


Okay, so I know that technically this would be a 'culture of the week,' but I figured what the hell- it's my blog, after all. I'll do what I want. =)

As some of you may know (and all of you now do), the last song on My Chemical Romance's third album, The Black Parade, is called Famous Last Words- it's all about hanging on, keeping strong(or at least appearing to) and enduring until life gets better. The chorus goes like this-

"I am not afraid to keep on living,
I am not afraid to walk this world alone
Honey, if you stay, I'll be forgiven
Nothing you can say can stop me going home."

Whenever I'm feeling really lost, confused, emotional or panicked, I like to curl up under a huge pile of blankets and blast it on my iPod. After 3 or 4 times through, I feel a lot better. All of MCR's songs do that, to be honest, but this one really hits home- and the video is SICK.

Thanks boys!!!

No comments: