Saturday, January 3, 2009

Culture of the Week

Hamlet. I LOVE all Shakespeare (and, of course, you haven't fully experienced it until you've read it in the original Klingon) but I think out of all I've read (Which are Much Ado About Nothing, Romeo & Juliet, Othello[also a favorite] King Lear, Julius Caesar and am reading The Merchant Of Venice, A Midsummer Night's Dream and the Sonnets) but I'll always have a special place in my heart for Hamelt. The tale of anger gone worse, complete revenge, and madness really stuck with me....I wonder why. :)

Still, it's a great story, and has lasted throughout the ages. I have the Folger version, and a place marked for the graveyard scene.

1 comment:

Tara said...

I love Hamlet too. I studied it in school and loved learning more about the story. I also love the Mel Gibson movie version (that may be because I was obsessed with Mel).