Monday, January 26, 2009

To Anyone Who Ever Buys Any Apple Product, EVER:

Get the Apple Care. (the extended warranty).

Do it. I don't care how much extra it is, go buy it! It's completely worth it, and it can and will pay for itself down the road- if not pay you back!

Now I go on this rant because Apple Care just saved me $179 dollars- subtracting the $250 it cost me in the first place. (and for you math-impaired people out there, that's $429 total). Majel's (my computer, named for the computer voice on the modern Star Trek- yes, I'm a loser, I accept and admit that willingly) disk drive committed suicide a week and a half ago, and on the 17th I took her into the Apple Store to get her fixed- since I'd bought the Apple Care, I didn't have to pay the $429- yes, FOUR HUNDRED AND TWENTY-NINE DOLLARS to get her fixed. I picked her up today- and she works beautifully, as well as having a nice, shiny new keyboard and top case!!

So, very long story short, go get Apple Care. It's worth it.




note for the video- it's long, but if you skip to the more modern stuff it's hilarous. Mostly the Voyager ones!

No comments: